Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

Lately I've been very excited about just about everything happening! 

We've been busy picking things out for the baby. So far I think we've got all of the big stuff picked out. After that we can start filling in with some of the little stuff.  I cannot wait until we get to start actually purchasing some of it (next week maybe?!)

Another thing on my agenda has been getting random stuff for the house together. I'm not sure if it's part of this baby preparation stuff or if it's more because we have people visiting in November, but I've got a rather long list of "little" things the house "needs". (Some of it is needed more than others, like some of it I know I'm not being neurotic, other things I'm pretty sure I'm being neurotic).

And, I've been feeling very "crafty". I got a bee in my bonnet to make my own Christmas cards. I'm already more than halfway through them. And only having a slight problem feeling crafty enough to make them all. I know people aren't' going to compare one to the other, and some of them are quite similar. I just feel like they should be slightly more individual.  I've also got the supplies for a halloween wreath and a fall pumpkin with decoration. And about 20 cups of pumpkin puree sitting in my freezer. I am READY for fall to get going. And I'm also excited for winter to get going, and make insane amounts of cookies etc. Also because at the end of winter we'll have a new member of the family :)

As if I didn't need, have enough on my plate with just the stuff mentioned above, this month my friend, Jessica, and I have decided to stop biting our nails. And at the end of our 21 days (because it takes 21 days to create a habit) we would reward ourselves with a manicure. I have been so surprised with how easy this new habit has been to create! Personally, I feel like I've been more determined this time. Not only for my own personal reasons, but also because I didn't want to "mess it up" for Jessica. We were in this together. And now we've completed our challenge, and soon we will have a manicure date to "celebrate". I'm soo proud of us, we've both been life-long nail biters (but not now!)

 (Looking back, I really need to expand my transition words to words that do not include "A" words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment